The SPOT Gen4 is the must-have piece of kit if you like to get out and about away from it all but maintain the ability to be safe and get help. SPOT Gen4 allows for you to keep in touch with your loved ones, and keep them up to date on where you are even when your mobile phone is way out of range. How is this even possible I hear you ask? This awesome piece of kit connects directly to the satellites so you are always covered (as long as it has a clear range to the sky).
The best feature though? When you are in a life-threatening situation (for example one of our amazingly deadly native wildlife species takes a chunk out of you) SPOT Gen4 has your back by making sure you can get emergency services directly to you no matter where you are, even better they will be able to know your exact location thanks to you your SPOT!
You will need to purchase a subscription when you have your SPOT Gen4 (details are in the box, or find more info HERE) but we fully believe this is the device that may well save your life when you need it.
SPOT GEN4 features:
- Enhanced Design – The new Gen4 has a sleek new look with improved grip and design features that snap in place to securely cover the Help and S.O.S. buttons. It’s rugged, portable and includes a new multi-use carabiner and strap.
- Upgraded IP68 Rating – Offers increased water resistance, up to 30 minutes at two meters in water.
- Motion-Activated Tracking – SPOT Gen4 sends tracks at a chosen rate for as long as the device is turned on and moving, conserving battery life. Alerts can be set to auto send notifications to others when movement is detected or upon entry and exit of specific geographic areas in SPOT Mapping.
- Battery Life – The new Gen4 offers the longest battery life in the product category far surpassing the performance of alternative battery-powered GPS messengers.
- SPOT Mapping – Live and historical map views to view or share your SPOT locations for a minimum of three years. Optional upgrades available to meet user-defined mapping needs.
- Map Layers – Select from several options to view your map in light or dark mode, satellite, open street map or terrain.
- Alerts – User set and system-generated for emergency or custom messages, new movement, no movement, check-in and help.
- Shared View Improvement – Unlimited shared views with easy interface to share a location.
- Customized Position Icons – Ability to distinguish location points by SPOT product or user that adds a variety of in-field and remote management of resources.
- Geofencing – Allows users to create virtual geographic boundaries and set custom alerts.